Bits of Info
Primarily technical blog on Lisp, .NET, C# development.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Friday, December 7, 2012
Deployment failed : Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signatureAfter some searching about this error on Google, I found out that this is a somewhat general error that might show up for different reasons. Great! After a lot of reading about the probable causes for the issue, I stumbled on this cryptic last post on one of the several MSDN topics on the subject:
Check your system time. it wrong. Problem solved - Artemov IvanWell, I had to check everything, so I went on and checked my clock. I had recently changed my motherboard so I thought there was a good chance my computer clock was messed up. Well, it wasn't. Then, suddenly it occurred to me that the Azure service was probably in an area that entered in daylight saving time. So I went ahead and added an hour to my computer clock, clicked the publish button and voilà, got it working! Back to work, then. Thanks, Artemov Ivan. EDIT: It turns out that after reinstalling SqlExpress2008 (I had only SqlExpress2012 installed), the system was finally able to publish without needing this weird computer clock workaround.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Friday, November 4, 2011
With you want to change the connection strings in debug/release mode, search for Web.Config in project tree under the ServerGenerated folder. There you will find the connection string that is used by Lightswitch in design time.
You will have to close and reopen the solution so the change takes effect...
Thanks to Nehemiah Willis post at: Original forum post
Friday, July 22, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
The everyday in Lisp programming.
This time I decided to go look for something different and decided to give Quicklisp a try.
Just for the record, if you haven't tried it yet. Try it now. It exceeded all my expectations.
I was able to get an old project ready in less than 5min with all the right libraries up and running.
So, thank you Zach Beane, for Quicklisp!
Check it out at: http://www.quicklisp.org/
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Consider the following snippets of code:
(dolist (registry-expression asdf:*central-registry*)
(setf probed-path (eval registry-expression)))
(when (probe-file (merge-pathnames "asd-library.asd" probed-path))
(setf not-found nil)))
(first (remove-if #'null
(mapcar #'(lambda (x)
(merge-pathnames "asd-library.asd" (eval x)))
Both codes perform the same task. The first one is more like a procedural/imperative code in style than the more functional second one.
By the way, they return the path for a registered library. It is not very useful since ADSF provides the same thing easily with a single function call:
(asdf:system-relative-pathname :asd-library "")
But I like to get back to it as a reference of lisp styles.