In my first post I was describing the environment I had to use Lisp. After a few issues, usually related to the fact that Eclipse is really a memory hungry application. I moved back to the Emacs + Slime combination. The only difference from what I used to do prior using cusp is that now I work with a "project" file, just the way eclipse + cusp does. I like the idea of working with an asd file to define the files and dependencies in my project and it is very effective to load and compile all lisp files from my project and start being productive right away.
In order to get there I created this symbolic link on my .sbcl/system folder to point to my asd file.
By doing this you are able to load your project using asdf.